Eyes are a very important organ that lets you perceive objects and as we grow older, its performance also decreases with the rest of our body. To make sure we can preserve them in the best condition as long as possible, having a healthy diet and supplementation like PreserVision Areds 2 Vs Ocuvite is necessary. These supplements will help you maintain eye health and may also improve it in the long term but, do check how they differ first to see which fits your needs better.
In this article, we are going to give you information about:
- What Affects Your Eyes Health and Vision
- What are PreserVision Areds 2 and Ocuvite
- How are the Capsule and Price of PreserVision Areds 2 and Ocuvite
- What are the Ingredients of PreserVision Areds 2 and Ocuvite
- What are the Benefits of PreserVision Areds 2 and Ocuvite
- How are the Dosage of PreserVision Areds 2 and Ocuvite
- PreserVision Areds 2 Vs Ocuvite
Eyes and Vision Health
As our body ages, it also begins to deteriorate even though we are generally a healthy and fit person because it is a natural live cycle and there is nothing we can do about it except for trying to reduce the side effects as best as we can. One of our organs that shows to degrade as we are getting older is the eyes which are often shown as vision impairment. Of course vision problems are not limited to older people but it becomes more prominent as we live longer.
Macular Degeneration, it is one of the most common causes of visual impairment that affects retina because of the light-sensitive lining at the back of the eyes where image focus are deteriorating and causing blurred vision. This will cause difficulties in reading, recognizing an object or people’s faces as well as a blurry or blind spot in the central area of the vision. There are two types of macular degeneration; exudative and non-exudative in which the latter is more dangerous because there are abnormal blood vessels developing under the macula that may leak fluid and even blood.
Cataracts, this is also one of the most common eye problems that we are sure some of your friends or relatives ever experienced as the case is very high all around the world. It is the clouding of part or all the lens inside the eyes and this clouding interferes with light reaching the retina at the back of the eye and gives a general loss of vision. The common cause is age related or long term exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet radiation, or even injury yet, when the eyes itself is healthy, cataracts can be safely removed from the eyes.
Glaucoma, this is another health issue affecting the eyes and causing damage to the optic nerve. This is usually caused by internal pressure in the eye because of problems with the flow or drainage of fluid within the eye or when the internal pressure of the eyes does not increase and there is not enough blood flow to the optic nerve. If diagnosed early this illness actually can be treated with drugs or sometimes surgery to decrease the chance of vision loss.
| ||PreserVision Areds 2 ||Ocuvite
|Best Price||click here||click here
|Product Dimensions||2.6 x 2.6 x 4.5 inches||2.2 x 2.1 x 3.4 inches
|Shipping Weight||6.7 ounces||2.56 ounces
Diabetic Retinopathy, Diabetes is a worrying disease because it is related to modern lifestyle and poor diet which is also one of our health concerns today. People with diabetes can experience day-to-day changes in the vision or visual functioning because of how the diseases can cause blood vessels that nourish retina to shrivel, becoming abnormal branches and leaking. Overtime, it is not only interfering with vision but may also severely cause damage to the retina.
About PreserVision Areds 2 and Ocuvite
There are so many health conditions that will affect your vision and even without any underlying condition our body will deteriorate as we get older as well and this will severely affect our vision but, there is always ways to prevent it or at least minimizing the bad impacts. Everything is started with a good habit and good diet so a balanced meal will do a lot and if you are smoking, quitting it as fast as possible will be the wisest decision. Another preventive act like wearing sunglasses will be helpful too.
What’s difficult in getting a balanced meal is the effort because not everyday we want to eat certain ingredients or not everyday we want to eat the same thing, moreover, cooking and processing at home can be a hassle for many of us. This is why supplements are very popular to bridge between what our body needs and what we can provide it at the time. There are also tons of supplements made to improve or maintain vision and eye health.
When talking about eye supplements, you will find lots of brands offering similar solutions but PreserVision Areds 2 and Ocuvite are two main supplements we often see in drug stores or often recommended by friends who are also experiencing the same problem. Both of them are popular for their benefits and there seem to be a lot of people achieving better vision or maintaining their health by consuming these supplements. These two are also made from similar ingredients thus, the effects may be the same as well.
PreserVision Areds 2 means it is based on the Areds or Age-Related Eye Disease Study which is done by NIH; first is finished in 2001 and the second is published in 2013 both have similar formulation but also slight difference meant to reach wider patients. Currently, only Areds and Areds 2 are known to be proven as effective against intermediate-to-severe AMD. Ocuvite doesn’t put Areds or Areds 2 in their supplement but their ingredient list is almost identical as the proven one. Read also: Emergen-C Vs Airborne.
PreserVision Areds 2 and Ocuvite Capsule and Price
Since both PreserVision Areds 2 and Ocuvite are made by the same company Bausch + Lomb, you will find so many similarities between the two. First of all, they are coming in the same soft mini gels, similar to those fish oils we used to consume but are smaller and in a maroon color instead of transparent. It is very small or about the same as your pinky nails hence, they are easy to consume with water while the capsule itself doesn’t have any strange smells.
It doesn’t leave any funny aftertaste as well but, there is no disclaimer that these capsules are made from plant or plant based which is why they have a high possibilities to be made from animals and gelatin is usually made from pork so those who are vegan or can’t eat this certain animal may want to look elsewhere. As for the price, a bottle containing 120 softgels PreserVision is sold at $26.62 while the Ocuvite 50 softgels supplement is sold at $9.99 per bottle.
PreserVision Areds 2 and Ocuvite Ingredients
When looking for a supplement, the first thing we have to check is their ingredient list because it gives an idea on how the solution works or the possible benefits and side effects. Both PreserVision Areds 2 and Ocuvite are actually containing similar ingredients; Vitamin C, E, Zinc, Copper, Lutein, and Zeaxanthin, with an addition of Omega-3 fatty acid in Ocuvite. Another difference is PreserVison actually contains almost twice of these ingredients than Ocuvite. For example, the Vitamin C is 250 grams compared to 190 grams.
PreserVision Areds 2 and Ocuvite Benefits
Vitamin C is known to reduce the risk of cataract progression which naturally occurs with age but is not the cure and more like delaying the progress. Vitamin E as one of the most popular antioxidants protects the eye cells from unstable molecules called free radicals that may also play a role in developing cataract. Zinc itself helps our body absorb Vitamin A and many antioxidants to protect against macular degeneration and night blindness. Copper is also an antioxidant to encourage the development of flexible connective tissue for proper eye structure.
Lutein and zeaxanthin are two major carotenoids in a color pigment in the human eyes and the substance itself is thought to function as a light filter to protect the eye tissues from sunlight damage. In short they filter harmful high-energy blue wavelengths of light and help protect or maintain healthy cells. The last Omega 3 that is used in Ocuvite is shown to prevent the buildup of molecule A2E at the back of the eye since its accumulation can lead to vision loss.
PreserVision Areds 2 and Ocuvite Dosage
The last part we want to talk about is their dosage because PreserVision Areds 2 and Ocuvite are also recommended with different intake. For the first supplement, the dosage is 2 capsules every day and this alone will give you an amount of 556% serving or Vitamin C as opposed to only 167% of Ocuvite. The latter is recommended to be taken once daily at one capsule which in general gives you half of the amount of lutein and zeaxanthin compared to PreserVision.
PreserVision Areds 2 vs Ocuvite
Being from the same manufacturers does make PreserVision Areds 2 and Ocuvite have similar formulation and both of them are also made with proven ingredients that have shown benefits against AMD. The difference is that PreserVision has twice the amount of Areds 2 formulation while in addition Ocuvite adds Omega-3 fatty acids in its formulation as well as recommended with lower dosage.
- AREDS 2 SUPPLEMENT: PreserVision is the #1 doctor recommended eye vitamin based on 20 years of clinical studies to help reduce the risk of progression of moderate to advanced Age-related Macular Degeneration, & uses Lutein & Zeaxanthin.
- EYE VITAMINS FOR HEALTHY EYES: Bausch + Lomb carries a full line of ocular supplements with vitamins, minerals & nutrients that promote eye health, including Ocuvite eye vitamins for general eye health & PreserVision for age-related eye health concerns.
- BAUSCH + LOMB EYE CARE EXPERTS: In 1853, John Jacob Bausch opened an optical goods store in Rochester, New York. Since then, Bausch + Lomb has continued to focus on innovation and quality in eye care products, from contact lenses to lubricant eye drops.
- ,BAUSCH + LOMB EYE SUPPLEMENTS: Eye health is more than good vision and at Bausch + Lomb, we're focused on all aspects of healthy eyes. Try our eye health vitamins and supplements if you've used other supplements based on the AREDS or AREDS2 study.
- OCUVITE EYE VITAMINS: Ocuvite eye vitamins focus on one thing - supporting your eye health. With gummies, chewables, formulas with the benefits of a daily multivitamin & eye vitamins for adults over 50, Ocuvite supports your eyes at all ages of adulthood.
- EYE VITAMINS FOR HEALTHY EYES: Bausch + Lomb carries a full line ocular supplements with vitamins, minerals and nutrients that promote eye health, including Ocuvite eye vitamins for general eye health and PreserVision for age-related eye health concerns.
- BAUSCH + LOMB EYE CARE EXPERTS: In 1853, John Jacob Bausch opened an optical good store in Rochester, New York. Since then, Bausch + Lomb has continued to focus on innovation and quality in eye care products, from contact lenses to lubricant eye drops.
- BAUSCH + LOMB EYE SUPPLEMENTS: Eye health is more than good vision and at Bausch + Lomb, we're focused on all aspects of healthy eyes. Try our eye health vitamins and supplements if you've used supplements from Smarty Pants, iCaps, Trunature, or Viteyes.
All in all you can choose any of them based on which seems to fit your needs the most. In our opinion PreserVision Areds 2 with higher dosage of its formulation is better for those with a higher concern regarding their eyes health as it increases the efficacy.