Consuming medicine will need a lot of consideration before deciding which one is the most suitable. In the pharmacy world, each brand will manage to perform research, mainly to get previous information about the side effects and whether it works to give advantage before the product launch to the market. Including if you need to take suitable medicine for a fever and pain. This kind of sickness usually can cover by consuming ibuprofen. One of the common medicine for fever and pain. At the moment, there are many brands available in the drugstore. Including Advil film-coated VS Advil liquid gels. Of course, it will not easy for someone that has no experience with pharmacy or medicine to select which one is the most suitable product. To get more overview on Advil film-coated VS liquid gel, the below explanation can help you to select the most appropriate one.
It is important to consider the brand overview before decide to buy any medicine. Such as knowing Advil, one of the pharmacy brands that has been a stand in the pharmacy world for years. The brand is well known as the number one best-selling pain reliever that has been proven safe among many kinds of people or patients. That is why many doctors recommend the product for various kinds of problems which include pain such as a headache or fever.
The brand itself now widely sell around the world. The product is made in various versions, including a film-coated tablet and a liquid gels capsules. Therefore, many people concern about the advantages and the differences between Advil film-coated VS liquid gels. Read also: Infant Tylenol vs Advil
In their official webpage around the world, the brand mention that it is produced to specifically focus on relieving pain. It also works to reduce the pain, including the symptoms of headache, muscle aches, backaches, menstrual pain, minor arthritis, and other joint pain, or aches and pains from the common cold. By consuming the medicine, it is expecting that the patient will get a natural recovery within shorten the time after consuming it. Therefore, it is one of the recommended brands for home treatment. That is also why the product is widely selling in various pharmacies and common drug store.
Basic and Specific Ingredients
Whether Advil film-coated VS liquid gels, basically they made of the same ingredients. Inside the medicine, you can find the major or main ingredients is ibuprofen, a common kind of drug to reduce pain. Precisely in each tablet or capsules of the product will contain 200mg ibuprofen. Therefore, this number is considering sufficient to help to manage the pain and help to soothe the pain directly after consuming it.
Since the film-coated and the liquid gels are made not in exact form, they both have some small difference in adding ingredients inside it. Specifically, if you plan to get Advil film-coated, each tablet will consist of the following ingredients:
- acetylated monoglycerides, colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, croscarmellose sodium, methylparaben, microcrystalline cellulose, pharmaceutical glaze, pharmaceutical ink, povidone, pregelatinized starch, propylparaben, sodium benzoate, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearic acid, sucrose, synthetic iron oxide, titanium dioxide, white wax.
While if you prefer to get the liquid gels, commonly the product consists of the following ingredients:
- colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, croscarmellose sodium, FD&C red no. 40, FD&C yellow no. 6, fractionated coconut oil, gelatin, glycerin, hypromellose, pharmaceutical ink, pregelatinized starch, propyl gallate, purified water, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearic acid, synthetic iron oxides, titanium dioxide, triacetin.
Even comes from the same brand and works for the same benefit, the different forms of this medicine lead to a small difference. Those who focus on the result will not care about this difference. Since the major difference is only the form, one if a coated film tablet, where the other one is a liquid gel capsule. Another thing to consider is that gel will work faster than the tablet. This might be the biggest concern when you want to choose a slow recovery or need a fasten cure.
In terms of consuming method is the same way, and the effectiveness of the medicine to fight the pain also the same way. It is only depending on personal preferences whether they are more comfortable to consume tablets or capsules. For most people, tablets can be easier to consume as the dimension is smaller. Not like the capsules which consider quite big and the dosage cannot be reduced. Therefore, mostly a doctor will recommend a suitable form to the patient according to their condition and preferences in consume the medicine.
Another consideration made by the consumer is usually the price. They often select the cheaper product for the same function and benefit. The same way when you try to compare Advil film-coated VS liquid gels. To buy the film-coated tablet, you will need to spend money at about $13. While if you plan to buy the liquid gels, it will charge you for about $15. Therefore, you can generally see that it is not quite much different in price for the same milligrams of ibuprofen and the same advantages for the pain to get.
Advil Film-Coated vs Liquid Gels
- RELIEVE PAIN AND REDUCE FEVER: Advil is designed to work in minutes, no matter how tough your pain might be.
- RAPID RELEASE FORMULA: Advil Film-Coated Tablets contain 200mg of Ibuprofen Sodium and delivers targeted pain relief at the site of inflammation
- EASY TO SWALLOW: For fast-acting pain relief in an easy-to-swallow tablet, Advil Film-Coated tablets are a good choice.
- SAFE PAIN RELIEF: For over 30 years, millions of people choose Advil to deliver powerful pain relief from many kinds of acute pain including headache
- FAST LIQUID PAIN RELIEF: Advil Liqui-Gels Ibuprofen 200mg rush liquid pain relief wherever you hurt. Our powerful and liquid filled capsules are perfect for minor arthritis pain, back pain, and aches associated with the common cold.
- RELIEF PAIN AND REDUCE FEVER: Whether you have occasional muscle aches, backaches, minor arthritis pain, or other aches and pains, Advil Liqui-Gels go to work quickly to fight pain at the site of inflammation so you can get relief where you need it.
- FAST ABSORPTION, FAST RELIEF: Advil delivers fast-acting relief with strength that lasts. People choose Advil for quick and effective treatment of tough aches and pains including headache, lower back pain, joint pain and arthritis pain relief.
- USE AS DIRECTED: For use in individuals 12 and older. Add Advil Liqui-Gels to your cart today and power over pain.
From the explanation above, it can be seen that whether Advil film-coated VS liquid gels will afford to give you the same healing result. Except that the liquid gel works faster to recover your pain as it is directly spread out to the blood system of your body. While if you prefer the film-coated tablet, you may need to wait for several minutes later until the drug is absorbed by your body. However, the tablets can be split up to a smaller dosage, it also suitable for those who experience difficulties in consuming a bigger tablet or capsule.
Overall, your medical practitioner will know what is best for you to consume. Therefore, the best is to ask their recommendation. Unless you have consumed it previously and used to choose a suitable product for your private consumption. In terms of price, it cost you an almost similar price. Hence, the choice is in your hands.