Waxing vs Shaving, which one wins? That’s one question the boggles the minds of those who are concerned of unwanted hair removal. There is always an ongoing debate on which method is better in unwanted hair removal. This article will list all the pros and cons of both shaving and waxing method of hair removal. (Read also : Laser Hair Removal vs Waxing).
· Waxing removes hair from its roots, resulting to hair-free skin for weeks.
· Waxing can be done at the comfort of your own home or in a spa/salon.
· It leaves skin feeling smoother.
· Last longer than shaving
· Waxing methods such as chocolate wax is less painful and can result to smoother skin
· Wax is herbal, making it natural
· Waxing will eventually lessen hair growth
· Waxing is a painful process, and waxing time and again can make the skin looser
· Waxing can cause redness and boils for people who have sensitive skin
· It does not work well for hair that is too fine. Waxing works best for full grown hair.
· It is time consuming, and you always have to keep in mind the hygiene factor of the salon in which you are getting waxed at
· Home application of waxing can be time consuming, and messy for beginners
Thing to keep in mind
· Make sure the salon you are getting waxed at uses disposable waxing strips
· The wax should not be too hot that it can end up burning your skin
· Apply ice pack or cooling pack after waxing to soothe the irritation of the skin
· It is a painless and quick way to get rid of unwanted hair growth
· It can be easily done at home or anywhere, without any professional assistance
· Using electronic shavers and epilators can further simplified the procedure as you don’t need water or gel to shave.
· It is cheaper, razors are not that expensive, and buying an electric shaver is a onetime investment
· Shaving comes handy during hair emergencies when you don’t have time to go to a salon or parlor
· Shaving can irritate your skin, leaving it feeling itchy and dry
· It is a very temporary solution, depending on your hair’s growth, shaving will have be done quite frequently
· It can result to undergrowth, it is where the hair growths inside of your skin leaving a black mark outside.
· Shaving may result to thicker and darker hair growth
· You can feel harder hair growth when you touch against the hair growth side
Things to keep in mind
· Use a moisturizer or lotion to moisturize skin after shaving
· Avoid going out to extreme heat after shaving, as to avoid any further irritation of your skin
· When using a disposable razor, do not use it more than twice
· Don’t use anyone else’s razor to avoid any infections
Waxing Vs Shaving
Whichever method you choose to use, make sure it does not make your skin irritated too much. Sensitive skin is well suited for shaving as waxing can result to redness and boils. If you have thick hair, go for waxing it will slow down the hair growth as well as making it gradually finer.