When it comes to calling the most recognizable names in the industry of heart rate monitoring business, polar certainly comes first. The polar devices for measuring heart rate have been the first choices for many athletes all around the world. The simple to use features of these watches makes them the go-to devices because these provide everything you need at your fingertips. We have talked about Polar FT40 Vs FT60 before. On this post, we will compare Polar RCX3 Vs RCX5.
Both these devices Polar RCX3 and RCX5 are stylish and slim training watch with separate GPS module and a good array of features that makes training and workout easy. These are the products of a Finnish company with RCX3 having the latest GPS enables watch and RCX5 is more expensive than the other. These are very good looking watches having a slim profile including a heart rate strap for monitoring the activity level and GPS module for tracking the speed and route.
In both these watches, the data is very well presented on a large screen with great clarity and contrast. The main ‘enter’ button is present just below the screen. They present you with four training screens with various data at your disposal. There is the cycling mode, running mode etc. The zone optimizer feature allows you to adjust the heart rate zone for a ride or interval session by taking into account your current level of fatigue or hydration.
Polar RCX3 Vs RCX5
|Name||Polar RCX3||Polar RCX5|
|Key Features||- Unique training benefit feature provides instant feedback after your workout
- Helps you train at the right intensity and improve your run with personal sport zones and the Running Index feature
- Compatible with s3+ stride sensor for running speed and distance, cycling CS speed and cadence W.I.N.D. sensors and the G5 GPS sensor
- Lets you share your training with friends and track your progress with polarpersonaltrainer.com, our free online training diary
- Tracks your route, speed and distance with the optional GPS sensor||- Watch and heart rate monitor is versatile and durable enough for any sporting activity; designed for triathletes, serious runners, and endurance athletes
- Unique sports profiles guarantee swift switch between sports; ZoneOptimizer coaches you to train at the right intensity, improving performance with downloadable endurance training programs
- Unit provides heart rate information even in water with comfortable hybrid transmitter; Race pace function helps you cross finish line in time
- Comes with RCX5 training computer, WearLink+ Hybrid transmitter, DataLink data transfer unit, and RCX5 Getting Started Guide
- Includes limited two-year manufacturer's warranty|
|Ratings||3.5 out of 5.0 stars||4.1 out of 5.0 stars
|Best Offer||Save 42%
please click here||Save 34%
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
However the RCX3 misses a lot of features which are available in RCX5. RCX3 has no race pace or interval capabilities. RCX5 can be used for swimming while RCX3 cannot be used for swimming. The RCX3 uses a wind strap while RCX5 uses a hybrid. Because of its small size, RCX3 may hold some appeal for women but experts recommend RCX5 as the best expecially for cycling. One of the special features of RCX5 is that it has the feature of interval and training for runs which are not found on RCX3.